- Sweet Big Deal 2013
- Skymongrel Records 03: Maude Flanders “Puvvy Puzzy”
- Skymongrel Records 02: All Dogs Invited “Mammals Amongst Us”
- Skymongrel Records 01: Techno Lincoln & the Technicolor Union star in: The Greatest Hits!
- FCR-83 Velma and the Happy Campers “2013″ C45
- Large chunk of Felt Cat release history for free on bandcamp
- FCR-82 Velvet Glacier / Devin Dart split EP
- Oh man you guys, a lot’s going down, like Felt Cat has ended! But Devin Dart has not!
- FCR-80 “See It In Color” split C18 by Devin Dart & Thunder Bunny
- FCR-79 Devin Dart / Bob Bucko Jr split recycled C60
- FCR-78 Lost Trail “October Mountain” recycled C60′s
- FCR-77 The Men from . . . BEYOND!! “Monster Fuck” C8
- FCR-76 Make Believe Bombs / Color Rabbit split C62
- FCR-75 Big Sad’s “A Beat and a Bad Word” C13
- Reissue of FCR-67 Katrina Stonehart / House Paint split (this time as a C18)
- Download of FCR-73 / new release FCR-74 The Men from . . . BEYOND!! “Space: 1999″ C12
- FCR-73 Live in Iowa City 6way PLUS Reissue of FCR-52 WhipCreamWars “The Pig Man’s Tower” !!
- FCR-72 DPRVTY / ARU “Two Slabs of Funky-Ass Ear Wax” split C62
- FCR-71 Make Believe Bombs “Light Kingdom” CDR ((( + another move ! ! ! )))
- FCR-70 Aisle “Chakra Pricks” 3″ CDR
- FCR-69 Heart Heart Julia / T rust split C21
- Keep on movin on = Sept 21
- FCR-68 Yana / Make Believe Bombs split C21 / recycled tape
- NEW FELT CAT SIGHTS & SOUNDS – Aug 28th 2010
- FCR-67 Katrina Stonehart / House Paint split C21
- FCR-66 The Men from . . . BEYOND!! / The Big SADs split C13
- FCR-65 Thunder Bunny “This Hateful Thing” C62
- FCR-64 The Men from . . . BEYOND!! “The baddest one-chick hit squad that ever rolled into town” C13 (((1 LEFT)))
- FCR-63 A Poet Named Revolver “Live on WMTS” recycled tape
- FCR-62 Sensible Nectar / Red Electric Rainbow “Gentlemen” split C62
Heavy tribal explosive beats from the deepest jungles of Iowa City. Maude Flanders lays it down big ‘n beaty, two drummers and hhhuge-ass baritone sax and nothin’ but power backing all THAT up. Recorded by the genius Ian Williams like of course, get at this when yer at the top of your rope to get you even higher. Free download at their bandcamp page, but you know you wanna hold all this electricity on your hands
All Dogs Invited and Skymongrel Records present the first physical release from ADI, “Mammals Amongst Us.” A bite-sized platter first released digitally in March 2013, this is 4 songs and 13 solid minutes of memorable sweet rock-and-roll music I’ve loved getting sweaty to since late 2012. Such sweet beasts, 3 radly talented musicians (Alex Bell, Edward Bell, Cody Janko) who have been playing together for years in the Cedar Rapids / Mount Vernon / Iowa City area. Just got back from their first tour too! Check these beauties out
|Cassette (comes w/ free download)|
Iowa City’s fooniest theatre-pop-funk-punk vehicle FINALLY got around to recording some tracks in March of 2013, they are all here with plenty of bonus material! The cassette version comes with one bonus song + a download code with all 8 bonus tracks (one of which is exclusive to the tape download!!), and the CD has the 8 tracks + 7 other live tracks from 2011 – 2012 with their ever-revolving cast. Who knows how many members this band had! Active from fall 2010 – summer 2013, a labor of love and the off-brand fun known as “Foon,” they played a number of lovely shows, especially haunting PS1, Pizza On Dubuque, and Shane’s basement. Made with lurrrrve. Get this compendium today!!
If you don’t relate to these sweetly sad songs by Gainesville, FL based singer-songwriter Velma and her Happy Campers, maybe you are not a real person?? 29 hand made tapes, like a bunch of them lost in the fucking post office. THANKS GUYS
Doubt I ever made much mention of this on here, so check out all the out of print things I put up a while ago! I still need to add more new ones! Well old new ones. YOU KNOW. Feel free to donate a few buxx to the cause though, too! Anything is appreciated!
2. Wild Child
There are still totally tapes you can buy though! Anything in the Purchase doodz section juuuust to your right is completely available for sale. There are two other additional tapes in there as well, I have just been busy with other projects and Felt Cat started being less of a priority and just never got around to updating the website. Not to mention, since I’m gonna be trying to consolidate my shit, I’ll be throwing in random shit for each order just to try to get rid of as much as I can, so expect extras and goodies when you snag something.
Which so, yeah dude, I just felt it was a good time to lay down the ol’ name. Really, just the name. For a variety of reasons mostly personal, I jest felt that FC hadn’t been my main interest for a while, my goals and ambitions for running a label have changed since FC was my main priority, and I should just move on with similar yet I hope to be improved ventures.
ANYWHOSE, I do have two rad fun-timey bands I am in, The Men from . . . BEYOND!! and Techno Lincoln and the Technicolor Union, the former of which has a tape out VERY SOON on my roommate’s label and the latter of which is almost done recording our EP in our drummers’ basement! If you like surf-sludge antics or theatrical pop funk, lend an ear to them for a minute. A Techno Lincoln tape is gonna be the first release on my new label I Tapes You and then we will see how it goes from there, k? Thanks fer bein a pal
This tape is for summer, homie. These bright spots will getcha out on your porch or general front yard region with some cheap beer and your best friends. For real. Five tracks of total dusk-adventure-dream-pop to put you in the mood. Devin Dart bangs away on two tracks with a shimmering bridge of pure light between them. Thunder Bunny starts his side slow and gooey, and finishes with the pop epic “Simple Days,” 5 minutes plus of warm and fuzzy rock ‘n fucking roll. This shit is just lovely. You will want this for those romantic drunk nights that will soon be every night. March 2012, edition of 53
Big ol’ split of some jammers from the jungle that is eastern Iowa. Devin Dart starts out with a soothing post-rock dish before venturing into weird-out psych-folk-looped-to-infinity climes, with an 8-minute noise dirge thrown in the middle for sick kicks. Bob Bucko Jr turns his head all the way around for some schizoid jazz and wandering guitar arias for the broken-necked. A tape for meditating towards negative infinity to. Edition of 20, March 2012
1 Everything will become still, everything will reanimate
Bob Bucko, Jr
3 Naptime is for Deamers